POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Follow-up : Geocities Follow-up Server Time
30 Apr 2024 02:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Geocities Follow-up
From: Chris B
Date: 25 Sep 2009 07:31:55
Message: <4abcaa2b$1@news.povray.org>
As per Mike's note; Geocities is closing all its free websites on 26th
October.

I've been quickly through the 439 pages that I could find that mention
POV-Ray - Many only mention it in passing.
I've picked out ones that I think might be of interest and split them out
into 3 groups; Galleries, Information/Tutorials and downloadable goodies.

Personally I only intend to look any further at the pages containing
downloadable source to see if there's anything that can be harvested into
the POV-Ray Object Collection.
I don't plan to do anything further with the other pages in the other lists.

I've published all 3 lists in case anyone is passionate enough about the
other two to pursue anything there.
The lists contain hyperlinks to the pages, plus hyperlinks to English
translations, for those pages that are not in English.
I've included a very brief note about what I saw in the very brief time that
I spent poking around each site.

Objects and Utilities
--------------------
There are about 80 pages where there seem to be downloadable objects or
utilities. I'll be looking at them more closely to try and work out whether
there's stuff that can be saved. If you are the author of anything on that
list, please let me know ASAP.  Any assistance with this effort would be
most welcome.
See: http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/objects.html

Galleries
---------
I found 71 pages from about 35 different people:
See: http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/galleries.html
If you know these people it might be polite to make sure they're aware that
their hard work is shortly going down the pan.

Tutorials and Tips
I found 30 pages from 10 authors
See: http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/wiki.html

Regareds,